Hello People "The log in 'log kya kahenge'",
The purpose of creating this blog is not to support any gender or community or party. I wanted to discuss my views on some unconventional views and "soch".
So here's my first blog.
When I created this blog, the first reaction I got was a skeptic look with the question "HINDI?". This gave me the first topic of my blog "Yahi soch toh badalni hai".
"ENGLISH" or "ANGREZI". If u ask "GOOGLE" about this it gives you this:
This rang a bell in my mind regarding two facts:
1) Its an original German language yet people in Germany are not frantically obsessed with the superiority of this language. Its hardly spoken in the common masses and rarely in official institutions also.
2) Second language. Ironically this is the only second prize winner which is given more value than the first. HILARIOUS...
English for Indians is not a mere language. Its an "Emblem" signifying class, intellect, status and more recently "more tinder right swipes". Perhaps an Emblem more sought after than our poor old "Satyamev Jayate". Parents are going crazy about training their kids to blabber in English without the slightest encumbrance. Sadly the content has started to lose its importance before the language.
I have seen people finding pride in quoting that "mere bachche ko Hindi nahi aati". This is embarrassing. I have always been taught in an English medium with Hindi being just a literature subject. I am always embarrassed when I have to look up words in Hindi. Hindi is our National language. Just imagine how weird it would sound if a German says he doesn't know to speak in German. It sounds lame, right? Because that's the level of importance they have given to their first language.
English in no way embodies the intellectual ability of a human being. Its a damn language, to communicate. I have met people who are so amazingly talented and brainy but yet sidelined because of their incompetency in speaking a foreign language in their "OWN" country. I have seen people mocked at for not speaking English the right way or without much fluency. This annoys me and startles the thought that "Were we ever independent?". Why are we so charmed by a language and since when? I am still impressed by people who can speak in Hindi fluently and use words which are not used generally in day to day life. I feel incompetent. I look up different words in Hindi meaning the same things(Paryayvachi shabd) and I am enthralled to use those words in my daily routine. And when I am doing that I am confused whether the situation is embarrassing, hilarious or am I crazy? Why don't I feel the pride in going around telling that I am incompetent in a language I have been using since I was born?
At this point I would like to make it clear that I am not against the "English" language nor against teaching or knowing to speak fluent English. I am not the Videshi chodo, khaki apnaao kinda person. Knowing to read, write and speak "English" is a skill and a necessity when its a bridge language between international associates. But not the dire need of the moment when the country is surrounded with a quantum of other great issues. I just want to emphasize on the basic fact that Hindi is equally important to each and every Indian as its the root of our culture.
So embrace each language, its a medium to communicate, to come closer to people. It should not be a means to demean, seclude or judge someone.
YAHI SOCH TOH BADALNI HAI.
The purpose of creating this blog is not to support any gender or community or party. I wanted to discuss my views on some unconventional views and "soch".
So here's my first blog.
When I created this blog, the first reaction I got was a skeptic look with the question "HINDI?". This gave me the first topic of my blog "Yahi soch toh badalni hai".
"ENGLISH" or "ANGREZI". If u ask "GOOGLE" about this it gives you this:
"English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca, where "lingua franca mean bridge language". Named after the Angles, one of the Germanic tribes that migrated to the area of Britain that would later take their name, England, English is the third most spoken native language in the world, after Standard Chinese and Spanish.[10] It is the most widely learned second language and is either the official language or one of the official languages in almost 60 sovereign states. "
1) Its an original German language yet people in Germany are not frantically obsessed with the superiority of this language. Its hardly spoken in the common masses and rarely in official institutions also.
2) Second language. Ironically this is the only second prize winner which is given more value than the first. HILARIOUS...
English for Indians is not a mere language. Its an "Emblem" signifying class, intellect, status and more recently "more tinder right swipes". Perhaps an Emblem more sought after than our poor old "Satyamev Jayate". Parents are going crazy about training their kids to blabber in English without the slightest encumbrance. Sadly the content has started to lose its importance before the language.
I have seen people finding pride in quoting that "mere bachche ko Hindi nahi aati". This is embarrassing. I have always been taught in an English medium with Hindi being just a literature subject. I am always embarrassed when I have to look up words in Hindi. Hindi is our National language. Just imagine how weird it would sound if a German says he doesn't know to speak in German. It sounds lame, right? Because that's the level of importance they have given to their first language.
English in no way embodies the intellectual ability of a human being. Its a damn language, to communicate. I have met people who are so amazingly talented and brainy but yet sidelined because of their incompetency in speaking a foreign language in their "OWN" country. I have seen people mocked at for not speaking English the right way or without much fluency. This annoys me and startles the thought that "Were we ever independent?". Why are we so charmed by a language and since when? I am still impressed by people who can speak in Hindi fluently and use words which are not used generally in day to day life. I feel incompetent. I look up different words in Hindi meaning the same things(Paryayvachi shabd) and I am enthralled to use those words in my daily routine. And when I am doing that I am confused whether the situation is embarrassing, hilarious or am I crazy? Why don't I feel the pride in going around telling that I am incompetent in a language I have been using since I was born?
At this point I would like to make it clear that I am not against the "English" language nor against teaching or knowing to speak fluent English. I am not the Videshi chodo, khaki apnaao kinda person. Knowing to read, write and speak "English" is a skill and a necessity when its a bridge language between international associates. But not the dire need of the moment when the country is surrounded with a quantum of other great issues. I just want to emphasize on the basic fact that Hindi is equally important to each and every Indian as its the root of our culture.
So embrace each language, its a medium to communicate, to come closer to people. It should not be a means to demean, seclude or judge someone.
YAHI SOCH TOH BADALNI HAI.
Wow...wt a awesome thought...
ReplyDeletethank you......
Delete